Friday, September 7, 2018

Smart Wall Calendar #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

via sgaluf on instructables

My wife and I used to have classic paper wall calendar, on
which we marked important dates. We also use Google calendar on our smart phones for marking events, so this meant double work. So I decided to build some sort of smart wall calendar, which will display our reminders, events and some other data. Since I have various old electronic parts lying around, my goal was to reuse them as many as possible and build the calendar with as little costs as possible.

In this tutorial I will show you, how to build smart wall calendar, displaying events from several Google accounts. It will also display time, date, weather, temperature and some additional information. It will be powered by a Raspberry Pi computer with a Passive Infrared Sensor (PIR) motion sensor attached to it, so that the display turns on, when motion is detected in the room, but turns off after few minutes of inactivity. This tutorial is based on several other tutorials I found on the internet and I will give the links to them for better understanding. Some basic programming knowledge is needed (HTML, Python, …).

Read more!


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment