Friday, February 11, 2022

DIY Automated Reader With Raspberry Pi @Raspberry_Pi #PiDay #RaspberryPi

Here’s a great project from a father looking for a new way to read to his kids. Here’s more from The Amateur Engineer:

Can I build a reading device that does what I thought the Luka does? Can I put together a Raspberry Pi OCR + text-to-speech device that can take images of a page and read it back? You betcha.

To begin with, I should mention that I have a whole bunch of Raspberry Pis lying around, and I also bought something like 10–20 microSD cards just for projects like these — each project gets its own SD card because I often just copy the instructions from the internet, making tweaks along the way to get things to work. As a result, it often happens that I don’t want to risk changing any installed bits that can break other projects. It’s pretty primitive, I know, but this is a hobby it’s supposed to be fun! Anyway, I picked a Pi 2 for this project (big mistake, as you’ll soon see). I installed Raspbian Stretch (omg I know it’s so old!) on a 32GB SD card for this project.

See project!


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment