Wednesday, October 2, 2024

A classic over-the-air television simulator with Raspberry Pi and Python

FieldStation42 is an on the air (OTA) television simulator, showing several “channels” of classic programming complete with commercials inserted. Videos are served with a Raspberry Pi which uses Python.

“I started this project after noting how my enthusiasm and interest in television had changed over time. With a million streaming options, why was I bored with it all? Something feels heartless about it all and it made me wonder if the experience of TV had been better when I was a kid in the late 1970’s and 80s.”

“I decided to try and recreate the experience I had with TV back in the day. While my personal experiment focuses on my own experience in the late 70’s and early 80s, the hardware/software described in this project can easily extend to any era of OTA broadcast television.”

See the video below and more on hackaday.io. Code on GitHub.

No comments:

Post a Comment