Monday, October 28, 2019

Sculptures by American Pop artist Jann Haworth

via Creative Boom

The exhibition, Jann Haworth: Close Up, will feature key works including Cowboy (1964), part of Pallant House Gallery’s collection of British pop art, and Old Lady II (1967) which are part of a range of soft sculpture works Haworth created in the 1960s.

She recalls: “What thrilled me about cloth was that in the face of the air of male superiority at the Slade – I knew a whole language of expression that my male colleagues had no inkling of. I knew the language of cloth inside out. I knew how to turn two-dimensional flat fabric into any shape that I needed to create a 3-D object/figure/concept. I knew this opened the door to a vast territory of expression.”

Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment