Friday, November 1, 2019

DIY Outdoor Landscape Lighting #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

via JasonUMD77 on instructables

I have had issues with landscape lighting companies since I purchased my first townhouse in 2003. The transformers are low powered with non-intuitive push button interfaces and cheap screens where wattage seems to be more precious than platinum. Unless you enter a really high price point, the lights are extremely poor quality with scarce-to-nonexistent replacement parts (spikes). The connectors are frustrating and finicky. I have been playing with Raspberry Pi’s for a few years and thought it had to be a good basis for a lighting controller. I really wanted to roll my own solution and this became my Spring 2019 passion project for home improvement.

Read more.


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment