Friday, January 31, 2020

Digital Garden with Hail Protection @Raspberry_Pi #PiDay #RaspberryPi

Svdo8tUKsg blob

Great project from Nick Rogness up on Hackster.io.

I live in a part of the country where hail and severe weather are common place during the summer months. I was getting frustrated every year when my wife’s garden was get demolished by the nightly hail storms losing our entire haul of vegetable goodies!

I decided to do something about it. I threw together a quick solution using a couple linear actuators bolted onto a frame I built around the garden (approximately 12ft x 12ft garden). The linear actuators would pull a heavy duty tarp over the garden when a storm was approachin

Read more.


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment