Thursday, March 26, 2020

Updates for EduBlocks #Python #Education #Programming @edu_blocks

Joshua Lowe has provided an update on the state of EduBlocks, a tool to make the transition from Scratch to Python easy via drag and drop Python.

New loading screen
A lot of users have asked why the EduBlocks loading screen had a boring design and whether or not I could update it to something that is more appealing. This week’s focus has been on design and making sure everything matches.

Updated mode selector
The mode selector has also received a UI update.

Better support for adding extensions
In this new update, that is now made much easier. All you have to do is create some blocks (guide coming soon) and then use the new Python Script I have created.

EduBlocks account system
The most exciting feature that has been added to EduBlocks by community contributor Q and myself is the login system.

Learning portal update
As you’ll know, the majority of schools in the world have moved to remote learning. So I want to spend more time getting some resources on the EduBlocks learning portal.

You can view the new updates via https://beta.app.edublocks.org and anything will be uploaded there too.

Josh posts that “I’d really like to get some feedback from you about the changes I’ve made as this is really helpful for me to know. “

No comments:

Post a Comment