Tuesday, January 11, 2022

The Playful Contemporary Vision of Imon Boy #ArtTuesday

The mysterious Spanish artists Imon Boy has a unique take on our heavily mediated world. Here’s more from JUXTAPOZ:

Imon Boy creates varied work by placing characters within universally popular memes, representing people, and different destinations. He brings to the artistic plane everything that has formed him as a person throughout his life: graffiti, video games, internet, cinema, music, travel, etc. The key to the production of his art is the union of all of these influencing factors. These pop elements and his natural curiosity motivate the search for new forms and settings, leading to ultimately surprising work.

“When I work in the studio, I have all the time to create,” the artist says. “I can debug all my ideas and play with all the details. In the street, I am more limited by technique and time. I enjoy everything differently. In the studio works, I feel as free as when painting in the street. I talk about myself, as I do in graffiti, but in a more subtle way. I capture everything that represents me and what has formed me as a person. Cinema, music, graffiti, friends, police, travel, girls or any experiences from my life. It’s like writing a diary. Some things are fiction, others are real and others I prefer to leave to the viewer’s imagination.”

See more!


Screenshot 4 2 14 11 48 AMEvery Tuesday is Art Tuesday here at Adafruit! Today we celebrate artists and makers from around the world who are designing innovative and creative works using technology, science, electronics and more. You can start your own career as an artist today with Adafruit’s conductive paints, art-related electronics kits, LEDs, wearables, 3D printers and more! Make your most imaginative designs come to life with our helpful tutorials from the Adafruit Learning System. And don’t forget to check in every Art Tuesday for more artistic inspiration here on the Adafruit Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment