Monday, May 8, 2023

Cats Are Basically Furry Dragons

The delightful dragon/cat theory you didn’t know you needed, from Cole Rush at Tor.com:

The evidence is frankly overwhelming, folks! How silly of me to dwell on a draconic dream when in fact I had two cats, the closest thing to a dragon reality can offer. My other cat is Iroh; we even call him The Dragon of the Midwest.

I’m sure a non-zero number of lizard owners may be inclined to “um, actually” me into oblivion here, but I came prepared. Cats don’t have scales, but their draconic behaviors, as reflected in dragon lore across numerous fantasy worlds, ring true all the same. Their fuzziness is just a bonus.

I know I’m not the only one to have made this connection. The fantasy genre is ripe with examples of cat-like dragons, including:

No comments:

Post a Comment