Wednesday, November 23, 2016

NEW GUIDE: John Park’s Overwatch Prop Gun Lucio’s Blaster pt.1 @adafruit @johnedgarpark

luciothumbnail_853

Build a prop blaster from the hit video game Overwatch! Check out the behind-the-scenes process as I make Lucio’s gun from scratch. This guide is part 1 of a multi-part series, in which I design and test each light, music, and sound effect function.

Learn how to build your own Overwatch prop blaster with this multi-part guide! This 3D printed prop gun will include lights, sound effects, and background music, all played through a 20 watt amp and four speakers.

In part 1 we’ll design the electronic functions and overall circuit design, and then build the individual functions as working prototypes.

lb_p1_bldall_853px

I like to test out each subsystem in isolation before deciding how to combine and optimize. Clockwise from the left: NeoPixels, background music, sound effects trigger.

lucioschematic04_853px

This is my rough schematic drawing of the parts and functions.

lb_p1_bins4_853px

Keeping things organized with parts bins (labeled by my very helpful daughter).

img_8143_853px

A small-scale 3D printing test of the gun. I’ll detail this process in a later guide as I remodel this as multiple parts that fit all of the electronics.

No comments:

Post a Comment