Friday, March 30, 2018

Raspberry Pi On/Off Switch with Status Light #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

FNT5A4YJF342B8P LARGE

Shared by SethB62 on Instructables:

This project will make a button switch that will both boot up and shutdown a Raspberry Pi and will light an LED while the RPi is operational. Great for headless setups. I created it to augment a Raspberry Pi Baby monitor, because of the concern with using a camera in a shared room.

My example is on a Raspberry Pi Zero, but it will work on any Raspberry Pi.

F3I4ABLJF342B9I LARGE

The button switch is just Pin 5(GPIO3) and 6(GND) connected together. I added a .01uf capacitor because it would signal the GPIO without hitting the button especially when I discharged static electricity nearby. Works reliably with the capacitor.

The LED is hooked to ground with a 330 Ohm resistor and is powered by the TXD (Pin 8). It needs serial console enabled to Light up. My circuit board pictured is a little different from this guide because I was in the process of adding some IR LEDs to my project.

Learn more!


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment