Monday, August 20, 2018

Programmable Mechanical Music Box #MusicMonday

Build your own hand cranked music box! Shared by vanDrielElectric on Instructables:

Hello everyone, so I know I have electric in my name but I just can’t help but to be fascinated by mechanical machines and structures. I constantly work on different electronic projects, which is why this is a little more special to me. So without further ado here is my new music machine!

FY1BH85JKSKD7G9 LARGE

I wanted my music wheel to be able to play multiple songs, so I decided to use lego pegs which could be fitted in holes in a rotating wheel which in turn would hit the chosen notes. I designed multiple prototypes before I settled on my final design. All my designs are included in the zip file but a lot of the dimensions are specified for my xylophone, so you will either have to retrofit my files or design your own wheel.

Measure the distance between your notes and space 0.6 mm holes apart so each hole will be positioned perfectly above each corresponding note. After that you need to mass produce these batch after batch until you can fill up the whole surface of the wheel. It is recommended that you produce a few dozen extra ones in case of damage.

Learn more!

No comments:

Post a Comment