Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Adventures in Self-Watering Planters #3Dprinting @rocktronica

Tommy posts his opinions about plant planters and he’s made a variation of a self-watering planter that fits into household glass jars.

I’m not much of a green thumb, but I like plants. They make me feel good. When the world is scary and unknown, growing a cute little plant in a cute little planter is a very welcome distraction.

I also like low-maintenance, which is why I’m interested in self-watering planters. Unlike typical planters that take water at the top and drain at the bottom, self-watering planters keep a reservoir of water at the bottom and draw it up into the soil automatically as the soil dries out.

3D jar inserts were designed for the plants, the designs are on Thingiverse and code on OpenSCAD.

See the post here.

Cross section of self-watering planter design

No comments:

Post a Comment