Thursday, November 4, 2021

Small Fractal Vice #3Dprinting #3DThursday

Fully 3D Printed Fractal Vise Small by tomato18 Thingiverse

tomato18 shared this project on Thingiverse!

After watching Hand Tool Rescue and Chris Borge’s video on an antique fractal vise, I also can’t resist making one of my own. My aim is to design one that is fully 3D printable without using any fasteners or metal lead screws and at the same time to be printed without any supports. It’s not going to be as robust as Chris or Teaching Tech’s design simply because plastic is not going to be as strong as metal. So why do it? Because I don’t have those parts and I’m lazy to source for them. Just kidding ok. I just want to challenge myself to what extend 3D printing can achieve and also to brush up on my CAD skills. I’m not an engineer so I made an unnecessarily complicated design but it is fun and I definitely learned new things along the process.

Download files: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4909196


649-1
Every Thursday is #3dthursday here at Adafruit! The DIY 3D printing community has passion and dedication for making solid objects from digital models. Recently, we have noticed electronics projects integrated with 3D printed enclosures, brackets, and sculptures, so each Thursday we celebrate and highlight these bold pioneers!

Have you considered building a 3D project around an Arduino or other microcontroller? How about printing a bracket to mount your Raspberry Pi to the back of your HD monitor? And don’t forget the countless LED projects that are possible when you are modeling your projects in 3D!

No comments:

Post a Comment