Saturday, March 12, 2022

Trying Oil Painting for the First Time

As someone who dabbles in art and game crafting, I have flirted with the idea of learning oil painting. But I’ve always been turned off by the long working time, what seems like a steep learning curve over acrylics, and the rather odious clean-up.

Martina on NerdForge had similar apprehensions. But she decided to bite the bullet, watch some YT oil painting tutorials, and dive in. Her first efforts are pretty impressive and in the end she liked the process more than she thought she would.

I, on the other hand, still live in fear. I did just buy some oil paints and mineral spirits and am going to try my hand at using them in terrain and model weathering, which is all the rage in game crafting circles these days. Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment