Friday, June 7, 2024

Media Player With Raspberry Pi – Retrofited Vintage Clock Radio @Raspberry_Pi #PiDay #RaspberryPi

One of the disadvantages of having a smart phone is that we lose our need for technologies of old. Wasn’t it nice to wake up to a clock radio playing a random song, rather than a beep from an everything device that can lead us from alarm to doomscrolling with the flick of a thumb? On the other hand, these dead media devices can be repurposed in very cool ways. over at instructables has great project that turns a vintage clock radio into a media player. Here’s more:

I wanted to make a multimedia player with an above average sound system and a touch screen. I really had no idea of what I wanted the system to look like. After thinking of several design concepts, the answer came to me one day while walking through a thrift store. I realized that I didn’t need to create a unit to install the components in. I would simply repurpose an old object to serve as the case/frame for my multimedia center.

With this new idea in mind, I started looking at every single item as a possibility. I had many ideas about what to use; everything from wooden crates, old nightstands or even an old vinyl record. I know some ideas sounded crazier than others, but it seemed to be a fun direction to take this project in. Then I noticed something that I thought would work quite well, a vintage Philco clock radio. When I first noticed the clock radio, I fell in love with its old charm. It seemed like the perfect case/frame for my creation.

See project!


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment