Tuesday, October 9, 2018

How can I drink a bubble tea to ensure that I don’t finish the tea before the bobas?

How can I drink a bubble tea to ensure that I don’t finish the tea before the bobas?

Krist Wongsuphasawat on Medium discusses that age old drink question “How can I drink a bubble tea to ensure that I don’t finish the tea before the bobas?”

Well bubble tea fans, there are simulations which help to narrow down how to best do this.

Recommendationsbased on simulations, here are a few things to keep in mind:

  • Better use slim cup than fat cup. Can create taller layer of bobas and there is less area to catch the bobas when they are a few remaining.
  • Don’t add too much ice. If you add ice, make them melt early to add volume to the tea. I usually shake my cup before drinking, which also ensures the entire drink is cold in case the shop just drop the ice on top without shaking or stirring. The trade-off is it may dilute the tea.
  • Better do a powerful sip than a weak sip. Powerful sips ensure you get the bobas and maybe some more while weak sips may only give you the tea. Just don’t be too aggressive and end up choking yourself.

See the interactive simulator and the whole article for the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment