Thursday, October 25, 2018

PiSP – Pi Emulator Encased in a PSP #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

DpL6OZHl png

Drygol over on Retrohax meticulously rebuilt a PlayStation Portable with a Raspberry Pi. This isn’t their first try and each iteration gets a little more refined. There is also a pretty detailed teardown included:

From time to time I feel a need to work on something else than refurbs and repairs, so this time, I have another fun project to cover that I’ve worked on some time ago. I’ve worked on similar projects before and even documented ’em all here on the blog.

The first attempt was an interesting journey – https://www.retrohax.net/project-retroblade-v-0-27237-part-one-2/ but later I did some upgrades which resulted in a way better outcome – https://www.retrohax.net/project-retroblade-evolution-part-two/
I had a few spare hours the other day and below you can see results 🙂

I’ve started off with dumping all items on a table that I’ve gathered during the past months. Well, maybe not all but only the most interesting stuff 🙂

I had two Sony PSP handhelds and both were broken in some way. My idea for this project was to use PSPs case and put RPI Zero inside along with all other parts that would form a fully functional retro platform. Obviously, I wanted to use awesome RetroPie as in previous projects.

Learn more!


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment