Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Art Inspired by Cell Division from Jiyong Lee #ArtTuesday

Working with glass as his medium, Jiyong Lee’s Segmentation Series takes cell division as inspiration. Here’s more from Art the Science:

I have been interested in stories and news of science and medical illustrations since I was a child. When my wife and I were expecting our son, I wanted to look at the biology book to refresh my memory on the process of cell development. I was amazed by the many aspects of the images of cells, including translucency, the simplicity of form, the complexity of structure, and their energy.

I am interested in learning more about the technical aspects of the mechanisms of the microscope and also think about the metaphorical meaning of observation from a microscopic perspective. The works I have been making are from my imagination and are inspired by microscopic images from nature.

See more!


Screenshot 4 2 14 11 48 AMEvery Tuesday is Art Tuesday here at Adafruit! Today we celebrate artists and makers from around the world who are designing innovative and creative works using technology, science, electronics and more. You can start your own career as an artist today with Adafruit’s conductive paints, art-related electronics kits, LEDs, wearables, 3D printers and more! Make your most imaginative designs come to life with our helpful tutorials from the Adafruit Learning System. And don’t forget to check in every Art Tuesday for more artistic inspiration here on the Adafruit Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment