Thursday, November 4, 2021

DIY Raspberry Pi Microscope Cameras @Raspberry_Pi #PiDay #RaspberryPi

Rpicam1 800

Fantastic project and write-up from Mitchell Richling.

Microscope cameras with built in image analysis software are pretty cool. Simply connect the camera to your monitor & mouse, and you can do simple image processing and measurement without a computer. These solutions are expensive for what you get, and the analysis software is pretty limited. So I thought, why not build my own? It’s just a tiny computer and a camera in a compact case after all. If I used a Raspberry Pi, then I could actually run my favorite image analysis software (Fiji/ImageJ) right on the camera.

Read more.


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment