Friday, November 18, 2022

He Wore a Raspberry Pi Beret

The Raspberry Pi Beret. It was inevitable. In fact, this one, by Sean O’Steen, is not the first, nor will it likely be the last.

“While not prepared for a full cosplay presentation like many other attendees at the convention, I certainly wanted to let my geek flag fly,” Sean tells us. “Knowing that Raspberry Pi would be one of the companies with a booth at the convention, I wanted to pay homage to the people and the products that made possible most of my home automation projects, and much of my journey into electronics self-learning. I used one of Raspberry Pi’s latest microcontrollers, Pico W, and some addressable LED lights to create the Raspberry Pi Beret; the kind you won’t find in a second-hand store.”

The beret has two modes. When ‘idle’, the beret’s LEDs light up around it with ever cycling animations at random intervals. With a phone connected to the wireless LAN on Pico W, Sean was able to control the lights from the web browser.

Read the rest on the Raspberry Pi website.

No comments:

Post a Comment