Wednesday, November 9, 2022

The Fantastical Cardboard Cosplay of Praise Kelechi #WearableWednesday

Cardboard cosplay 002 scaled jpeg

Nigerian maker Praise Kelechi proves how far ingenuity can take you. He crafts ridiculously intricate props and costumes using little more than cardboard. Make talked to Kelechi about the process:

It all started when I was 11 years old, I always love to fiddle with things and try to figure out how they worked and see if I can replicate it. As a kid with SCD, socializing wasn’t one of my strengths and I’m always indoors. Which gave me enough time to tinker.

We had lots of cardboard boxes laying around and sometimes I’ll try to make a toy of helmet out of them. With enough practice and lots of help from online communities I keep getting better and better at it.

Read more and checkout Makesmith on YouTube and the site Makesmith Industries


Feel inspired to craft up some cardboard?

Cardboard Fundamentals

IMG 9850

Magical Cardboard Craft Obsidian Sword

Makecode IMG 7481


Flora breadboard is Every Wednesday is Wearable Wednesday here at Adafruit! We’re bringing you the blinkiest, most fashionable, innovative, and useful wearables from around the web and in our own original projects featuring our wearable Arduino-compatible platform, FLORA. Be sure to post up your wearables projects in the forums or send us a link and you might be featured here on Wearable Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment