Friday, July 28, 2017

Raspberry Pi Wiimote Paint #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

NewImage

Via suppertime.co.uk

People have done some cool stuff controlling Raspberry Pi robots with Nintendo Wiimotes. Now I don’t have any robot bits, but I do have an old Wii sitting unloved upstairs, so I found the remote, put batteries in it and started to think about what I could do.

I can’t drive a robot, but I can drive a turtle – a virtual Python graphics turtle. So I made a paint program that is controlled using a Wiimote. I based the code on the excellent example on the Raspberry Pi Spy web site – Python code below.

You are in effect driving the turtle, and as such I think this is possibly quite useful for teaching how Python turtles work as you have to think from the Turtle’s point of view: if it’s facing down you need to turn right to go left. I’ve added some code to get readings from the accelerometer to turn left & right as well as using the left & right arrow buttons.

Read more.


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment