Friday, June 22, 2018

DIY Vivarium Lights #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi


Ronald Nelson shared this project on Youtube!

This video is part of a series where I show how I build an automated, bioactive vivarium.

In this video I build the lighting panel. There are LED 14 lights in total all from V-Tac (https://www.v-tac.eu/). Five lights are 210 lumens and ten are 500 lumens giving a total of 5840 lumens across the vivarium (they use just over 80 watts and do not generate a lot of heat). I measured the lux at the soil level at 2500-3000 lux. This should be adequate for the plants I am growing.

The fan is mounted at a 10 degree angle between the lights and help to circulate the air internally. Two fans are mounted on the lid to extract air see more about these here: https://youtu.be/GJKF9WaQCKk

All the electrical components are controlled by a Raspberry Pi. I use a app to run some of scripts manually allowing me to turn the lights on and off.

See more!

No comments:

Post a Comment