Friday, February 22, 2019

Hacking my Volt with a Raspberry Pi #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

Checkout Jspenguin’s multi part blog about upgrading his Chevy Volt with a Raspberry Pi:

In March 2018, I bought a 2015 Chevrolet Volt. This is, by far, the best car I’ve ever owned. It has 38 miles of all-electric range, which is more than enough to get me to work and back every day. I rarely have to run the engine at all. In fact, when I bought it, the tank was 75% full (about 7 gallons), and that lasted until the end of January 2019 – almost 11 months.

There are a few annoying things about it, though – the lack of physical buttons for climate controls, the scattered information that you have to keep switching screens to see, the fact that OnStar Vehicle Status costs $20 per month and only gives the most basic stats… There are lots of other improvements that could be made.

Learn more!


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment