Friday, February 28, 2020

Clone Trooper PiTop #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

via moryarti on instructables

I started off with the Star Wars Clone Trooper Learning Laptop from Oregon Scientific.

There are a few different versions of this laptop but I picked this one because of the color scheme, a real keyboard instead of just a membrane one, and the larger wide screen display. It also needed be big enough to fit all of the parts inside.

I disassembled the laptop. I had to be careful with the top because the screws holding it together are beneath the edge of the plastic graphic sheet and part of the picture stuck to the case and part came off with the plastic sheet. I didn’t pull the sheet completely off, just enough to expose the screws and as long as it was still attached around the middle the graphic lined back up when it was reassembled. With the case top and bottom off I could see that the keyboard, speaker, PCB, and screen are all attached to the two piece folding middle section of the computer. I kept with that idea of attaching all of my components to the middle section and just screwing the top and bottom covers back on when completed.

Read more.


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment