Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Moana and Iron Man Props #CircuitPython #Props #3dPrinting @emwdx

Evan Weinberg posts about building two props this year: the Heart of Te Fiti from the Disney movie Moana and  a Tony Stark Arc Reactor.

The Moana prop uses an Adafruit Trinket M0 board programmed in CircuitPython with one green LED and the RGB DotStar LED on the board. And for the Arc Reactor:

Finishing the heart necklace got me thinking about doing something similar for my own costume, but I was running out of time. I decided to go for an Infinity War version and 3D printed this model.

Since I had a Circuit Playground Bluefruit, the (built-in) ring of Neopixels was perfect to use for powering the glowing effect. The Cyan color of red: 0, green: 255, blue: 255 was about right for the blue glow shown in the movie.

The color can be changed with a cell phone over Bluetooth.

GitHub and STL files are in GitHub links in the blog post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment