Friday, February 19, 2021

Motorized Etch-A-Sketch #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

Time to dust off my old Etch-A-Sketch

via Steve_a on instructables

If you’re like me, you’ve tried to make a drawing on an Etch-A-Sketch before with very limited success. It’s just too hard to draw anything that isn’t made out of only rectangles! So, my son’s Etch-A-Sketch languished unused around the house for several years. Then, after building a harmonograph table (similar to this one), I noticed the Etch-A-Sketch lying around and thought “I could put motors on the Etch-A-Sketch and make it draw two pendulum harmonograph figures.” After much trial and error, it actually worked fairly well. From there, I decided to make it replicate more complex rotary harmonograph figures and, finally, draw images.

Read more.


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment