Thursday, April 8, 2021

Credit card comb – coarse #3DThursday #3DPrinting

Credit card comb coarse by ohrehman Thingiverse

Free up some pocket space with this print from ohrehman on Thingiverse:

I wanted a coarse, strong comb that fits in my wallet. So I made one.

Dimensions: 77.2 mm x 54 mm x 2 mm

Slightly taller than a normal credit card – you may want to scale it a tad bit down for your use case.

I used PVA glue on my glass bed for good adhesion as the tines would lift mid print otherwise.

Printed in PLA with concentric infill. Would advice using a high infill or just increasing top/ bottom layer height for rigidity. I actually didn’t think to do that, so I kept bumping up the infill percentage till it didn’t allow me to. To be fair, at that point I had only been printing a a week.

I’ve been using it a while now and think it’s worth sharing.

Download the files and learn more


649-1
Every Thursday is #3dthursday here at Adafruit! The DIY 3D printing community has passion and dedication for making solid objects from digital models. Recently, we have noticed electronics projects integrated with 3D printed enclosures, brackets, and sculptures, so each Thursday we celebrate and highlight these bold pioneers!

Have you considered building a 3D project around an Arduino or other microcontroller? How about printing a bracket to mount your Raspberry Pi to the back of your HD monitor? And don’t forget the countless LED projects that are possible when you are modeling your projects in 3D!

No comments:

Post a Comment