Tuesday, May 11, 2021

The Scientific Illustrations of Tiffany K. Fung #ArtTuesday

Tiffany K. Fung is a avid rock climber. During her master’s work, she focused on comparing a human rock climber with the best rock climbers in the world: goats. From that work, she created a series of illustrations demonstrating what humans can learn from goats when it comes to climbing. Here’s more from Art the Science:

I grew up using art as a way of escaping the suburban quietness of Maryland that I lived in. At the time, my father was a source of creative inspiration for me—he was a naval architect whose ability to translate technical ideas onto paper never ceased to fascinate me. He mainly worked on designing the hulls of aircraft carriers but also studied traditional drawing techniques. When I was young, how we bonded was always through learning; most notably, he would teach me how to draw from life. He would teach me how to squint and observe my environment while holding my pencil straight out in front of me at arm’s length to optically measure the object. He was and is an old school artist, and I grew up seeing his old figure studies hanging on the walls.

See and learn more!


Screenshot 4 2 14 11 48 AMEvery Tuesday is Art Tuesday here at Adafruit! Today we celebrate artists and makers from around the world who are designing innovative and creative works using technology, science, electronics and more. You can start your own career as an artist today with Adafruit’s conductive paints, art-related electronics kits, LEDs, wearables, 3D printers and more! Make your most imaginative designs come to life with our helpful tutorials from the Adafruit Learning System. And don’t forget to check in every Art Tuesday for more artistic inspiration here on the Adafruit Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment