Thursday, August 12, 2021

Ferrocerium ( Ferro ) rod belt sheath #3DThursday #3DPrinting

Ferrocerium Ferro rod belt sheath by agmcmll Thingiverse

All I know about ferro rods I learned from the show Alone. So, I know it’s very important to keep it safe, close, and secure.

From agmcimll on Thingiverse:

This is a clip on belt sheath for an 8mm(5/16″) diameter ferrocerium rod fire starter (a.k.a. a ferro rod or fire steel). I wanted it to be as convenient and secure as my knife sheath, but since I wear the knife more often than I’m in the woods, I don’t always need the ferro rod, so I figured rather than add it to the sheath as some models I found, I’d just make it a sheath for itself.

Right off the printer this was too tight a fit, I reamed it out with a drill bit, if you haven’t got the bit of appropriate size bit on hand I’d recommend scaling this up ~5%.

Download the files and learn more


649-1
Every Thursday is #3dthursday here at Adafruit! The DIY 3D printing community has passion and dedication for making solid objects from digital models. Recently, we have noticed electronics projects integrated with 3D printed enclosures, brackets, and sculptures, so each Thursday we celebrate and highlight these bold pioneers!

Have you considered building a 3D project around an Arduino or other microcontroller? How about printing a bracket to mount your Raspberry Pi to the back of your HD monitor? And don’t forget the countless LED projects that are possible when you are modeling your projects in 3D!

No comments:

Post a Comment