Tuesday, August 31, 2021

The Mechanical Art of Lukas Milanak #ArtTuesday

Lukas Milanak make art out of unlikely machines. Here’s more from Art the Science:

Perhaps my work most consistently aligns with the evolution of science itself. All knowledge is built on the wisdom of what came before. Influences of biology, geology, and physics become more apparent in the work as my awareness of the world around me grows. I also find a strong connection to the spirit of 18th-19th century alchemy. It was the wild west for experimentalists, and groundbreaking discoveries – and follies – were happening faster than ever before. I study and adapt glass forms and techniques from the age of alchemy in the hopes of stirring the same feeling of scientific urgency in my work.

See more!

No comments:

Post a Comment