Thursday, March 7, 2024

Making a Cat TV with Raspberry Pi #RaspberryPi @Raspberry_Pi @bekathwia

Becky Stern presents a wonderful miniature television project for Raspberry Pi:

Today we’re building a mini television for cats. My cat Benchley loves watching TV. It’s really a mini computer, since I’m using a Raspberry Pi to play YouTube on a little HDMI screen.

I’m using a display gifted to me by Elecrow. It’s a five-inch LCD with capacitive touch and comes with an HDMI cable for video and audio and a USB cable for power and touchscreen input.

It works with my Raspberry Pi 4 and 5 out of the box, so I just plugged in both cables, as well as a USB speaker, keyboard, and mouse.

The case is 3D printed.

Finally, I brought the finished TV to the living room to see what Benchley and his brother Hamlet think about the final result. They love it!

See the video below and more in the post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment