Friday, September 22, 2017

Steampunk Raspberry Pi Console/Case #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

F8KCTFJJ7GGOLJD MEDIUM
Shared by jfarro on Instructables:

Hi! My goal with this project was to make a really cool, steampunk themed, case for a Raspberry pi. For this case I made it a retropie based game console, but really it could be used for any raspberry pi based system. This is my first instructable, so please bear with me..I’ll look to the comments for feedback and update where I can.

The goal of this project was to have the microSD card on the pi stay accessable, so that the image could be easily updated or swapped out. In addition, I wanted to keep the ports externally exposed, so that power, video, audio, USB, and networking were accessible externally from the case. And finally, I’ve built three different cases using this approach, so I want this instructable to be generic enough that someone can build this by mixing and matching ideas….for instance if you don’t have a 3D printer, you can still create a really cool steampunk case by following this instructable.

F6MQOPTJ7GGOLIY MEDIUM

In the end, you’ll have a very cool discreet case that can sit on a bookshelf and be hidden, or be displayed to impressed friends and visitors. You can make it as discreet or as flashy as you want…so lets begin!

Update: I’ve added a preview video to show video of the finished project, and to show some details as backup to the photos in this instructable.

Learn more!!


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment