Sunday, December 24, 2017

3D Printed Mechanical Iris Dome All-One-Piece #3DPrinting

Mid in hand resized

This single piece iris was submitted to us by Frank Z. This is a super cool print with thorough details on the whole process on Eleccelerator:

What makes this extra cool is that all of this is 3D printed as one piece, there is no assembly required!

I will show you how I designed this, step by step (plus why I did it that way), using a mechanical 3D modelling CAD tool called Onshape. I will focus on the things that showcase the power of a “parametric feature based modeling” CAD tool, and how it eliminated some of the problems me and other people have faced with other similar designs. When I modeled this design, I paid extra attention for the dimensions to be adjustable without compromising the 3D-printability of the design.

Intro

Learn more and check out the guide!

No comments:

Post a Comment