Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Musical Ugly Sweater with NeoPixels #WearableWednesday

NewImage

La la la la Llama! From Dawn Dupriest on Hackster.io:

As a middle school engineering teacher, my students do musical light-up projects with Arduino every semester. I fell in love with e-textiles and so I make an ugly Christmas sweater with wearable tech each year, and after last year’s I found this video from Mark Schreiber that really made me want to add “real” music to mine instead of just a piezo buzzer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gej3jrI68rA One of my favorite Christmas songs is “All I Want for Christmas is You” by Mariah Carey, so I dreamed of a sweater that would play this particular song and light up. I planned early and got a LilyPad MP3 player, my LilyPad SimpleSnap Arduino, and a sheet of Flora Neopixels from Adafruit. The Neopixels are so, so cool. They are super bright and you can attach as many as you want to a single Arduino pin. They are very easy to program. Just enchanting. I want to use them on everything!

Read more


Flora breadboard is Every Wednesday is Wearable Wednesday here at Adafruit! We’re bringing you the blinkiest, most fashionable, innovative, and useful wearables from around the web and in our own original projects featuring our wearable Arduino-compatible platform, FLORA. Be sure to post up your wearables projects in the forums or send us a link and you might be featured here on Wearable Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment