Thursday, December 28, 2017

Princess Zelda Tiara (Windwaker) #3DThursday #3DPrinting

oranhunter shares:

So I just completed Windwaker with the kids, and I thought I’d model out Zelda’s tiara for my 3 year old. Most of you have probably seen the Master sword I made for my son (http://ift.tt/2Al9fVH).

Once I printed these, I just hot-glued some DIY barrettes on the back of each part so they clip into her hair at the appropriate points. The orientation of the wing parts prints with some pretty noticable layer lines, but if you stand them up and print them vertically they print better on the backside, but take about 4 hours at .1mm layer height. That being said, using enamel paints like I did requires no sanding.

The front tiara piece I printed upside down like it is, it offers the best layer adhesion for the support in cura that way.

download the files on: http://ift.tt/2zUhtAA


649-1
Every Thursday is #3dthursday here at Adafruit! The DIY 3D printing community has passion and dedication for making solid objects from digital models. Recently, we have noticed electronics projects integrated with 3D printed enclosures, brackets, and sculptures, so each Thursday we celebrate and highlight these bold pioneers!

Have you considered building a 3D project around an Arduino or other microcontroller? How about printing a bracket to mount your Raspberry Pi to the back of your HD monitor? And don’t forget the countless LED projects that are possible when you are modeling your projects in 3D!

The Adafruit Learning System has dozens of great tools to get you well on your way to creating incredible works of engineering, interactive art, and design with your 3D printer! If you’ve made a cool project that combines 3D printing and electronics, be sure to let us know, and we’ll feature it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment