Thursday, December 28, 2017

NeoPixel Clock V2 #3DPrinting #3DThursday

Via Zweben.org

Idea
After building my first Neopixel Clock, I decided I needed one for myself. There was no way I was going to solder 90 lengths of wire onto 180 tiny pads again, though, so I knew I needed to design a custom PCB. This necessitated a redesign of the entire clock, focused around making it as easy as possible to assemble.

Design
Having been unsatisfied with Kicad the last time I designed a PCB, I looked for new options, and found EasyEDA. They are a PCB design web app plus manufacturing service all in one. I found the web app to work quite nicely for my needs, and their PCBs were both high quality and cheap, so I’m happy with them so far.

See full project details here!


649-1
Every Thursday is #3dthursday here at Adafruit! The DIY 3D printing community has passion and dedication for making solid objects from digital models. Recently, we have noticed electronics projects integrated with 3D printed enclosures, brackets, and sculptures, so each Thursday we celebrate and highlight these bold pioneers!

Have you considered building a 3D project around an Arduino or other microcontroller? How about printing a bracket to mount your Raspberry Pi to the back of your HD monitor? And don’t forget the countless LED projects that are possible when you are modeling your projects in 3D!

No comments:

Post a Comment