Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Star Guardian Urgot cosplay project #WearableWednesday

FKnG1tr

This super detailed light-up Star Guardian Urgot costume was sent in by Leah! She wrote:

Star Guardian Urgot
from League of Legends! I wore this to Anime Expo in LA last weekend and had
a BLAST! I learned so much about the capabilities of Arduino boards and
Neopixels, and thanks to this build I am so much more confident in coding!
For Urgot I used an Arduino Uno, and 2 Trinkets to power about 200 RGB Leds.
(I had planned to use 3 trinkets, but one of them literally blew away in a
windstorm

3rAhXQg

TXMFpL6

Urgot has 6 Neopixel Jewels and about 5M of strips on his
body! Everything was powered by portable 5V cell phone chargers that I hid
throughout the armor. The Adafruit tutorials and Neopixel Uberguide were BY
FAR the most helpful tools in making this costume an animated, glowy
success! I really just wanted to thank you guys for providing such a high
quality array of products and learning resources. ADAFRUIT IS THE BEST. I
can’t wait to start my next glowy costume!
– Leah

You can see more on Imgur here, here, and here and check out this Facebook post for video to get the full effect!


Flora breadboard is Every Wednesday is Wearable Wednesday here at Adafruit! We’re bringing you the blinkiest, most fashionable, innovative, and useful wearables from around the web and in our own original projects featuring our wearable Arduino-compatible platform, FLORA. Be sure to post up your wearables projects in the forums or send us a link and you might be featured here on Wearable Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment