Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Bluetooth Enabled Ugly Christmas Sweater #WearableWednesday

From Dawn Dupriest on Hackster.io:

Every year for the past several, I’ve made a musical ugly Christmas sweater. Welcome to the 2018 edition! I loved the llama sweater from last year, so I bought a similar llama sweater from Wal-mart to mod out this year. I envisioned being able to control my sweater with my phone, and the Flora Bluefruit LE module was the perfect component to enable this. I sprung for a new Adafruit Flora Arduino controller as well, and I reused the LilyPad MP3 player from last year. It took me a solid couple of days of prototyping to get all of the components talking to each other. I reprogrammed the MP3 player so the tracks triggered on “high” instead of ground, and I used pin 3 as a “cancel” button. The Bluefruit LE is fun and easy to use. The Flora can parse text packets that come in from the phone app, and trigger actions based on the text packets. I made the Flora activate pins 6 and 12 to turn on my musical tracks, activate pin 10 to cancel the music, and program the Neopixels.

Read more and see more on YouTube




Flora breadboard is Every Wednesday is Wearable Wednesday here at Adafruit! We’re bringing you the blinkiest, most fashionable, innovative, and useful wearables from around the web and in our own original projects featuring our wearable Arduino-compatible platform, FLORA. Be sure to post up your wearables projects in the forums or send us a link and you might be featured here on Wearable Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment