Thursday, January 7, 2021

BOSEBerry Pi Internet Radio @Raspberry_Pi #PiDay #RaspberryPi

FA5PXWBKJ5PR2VE

Neat project + write-up from BlackberryJamMan up on Instructables.

I love listening to the radio! I was using a DAB radio in my house, but found the reception was a bit patchy and the sound kept breaking up, so I decided to build my own internet radio. I have a strong wifi signal around my house and the digital broadcast should mean that I was able to play high fidelity sound.

I didn’t want to use a smart speaker. I wanted to switch the radio on, be able to change channels and then switch it off, so it behaved just like a traditional radio but as it was using the internet for its connectivity, I could listen to radio channels from anywhere in the world.

I managed to find a second hand BOSE SoundDock series II model on ebay (cost £5.33) but it was listed as not working. This wasn’t a problem as I would remove all the internal circuitry to add my own.

Read more.


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment