Thursday, January 7, 2021

Elder Wand Horizontal Split #3DPrinting #3DThursday

Elder Wand Horizontal Split by ackerman76 Thingiverse

ackerman76 shared this project on Thingiverse!

For those with 300 x 300 printer, the full Elder wand split in half.

I have good luck printing these wands horizontally flat and gluing with CA Glue.

This is my first use of a wood PLA filament but this is not a good wand candidate as the gaps and travels made lots of strings.

I added clear minwax with gave it a gloss but want to learn how to darken and stain to get a patina.

With regular PLA it should print even cleaner. But I am happy with this. I scaled to 110% as I still had room on my build plate diagon-ally… get it?

Thanks to original designer and remixers!

Download files: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4662706

No comments:

Post a Comment