Friday, January 1, 2021

Simple Security Camera with Dropbox Integration @Raspberry_Pi #PiDay #RaspberryPi

via Raspberry Pi Maker

This is a project that started as something small but has grown over time. I wanted a simple script that would snap a picture and upload it to a ftp site once a day. With that script I could keep an eye on my yard when I was traveling. As time went on, I wanted easier access so I replaced the ftp site with DropBox. Then I wanted more images so once a day went to once and hour. As so on…

So today I still have a script but it does a few extra things. I created he gsnap script to snap a picture once a minute and store it locally or upload to DropBox. Also, there is a script that will convert the images to a time lapse movie and store it locally or upload to DropBox. Because the scripts rely on cron, I included some helper scripts to let you modify crontab and clean up old images & movies.

See more!


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment