Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Write Like An Architect

When I was a teen, I took a mechanical drawing elective class in high school and loved it. I loved it so much, I held on to my mechanical drawing textbook until I moved last year.

Of course, part of that class was about learning engineer’s lettering. I practiced my letters diligently and wrote in that style for years. But over time, I resorted to my own messy hen scratch, if I wrote by hand at all. I blame computers and the internet.

Anyhoo… after watching this video, I am now re-inspired and telling myself I’m going to start practicing engineering or architectural lettering in the new year. I’ll probably go with this architectural style rather than engineering as it’s a bit quirkier and more expressive.

Bonus video:

No comments:

Post a Comment