Friday, September 22, 2017

High Visibility Cycle Lights #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

Great project documentation and updates from RasPi.TV:

A few months ago I thought it would be cool to use some of my RasPiO InsPiRing LEDs to make some indicators (turn signals) for my bicycle. But then I got busy completing and shipping the InsPiRing KickStarter, and then went away for the summer. But just as I was coming back, Lorraine Underwood tweeted about her High Visibility Jacket which reminded me of the idea. Obviously I wanted to do it my way and install something permanently on the bike with wireless control.

Also I was due to purchase a new bike, which everyone had given me birthday money for LAST YEAR and I hadn’t even chosen it yet… and this year’s birthday was only about 2 weeks away. EEEEK. Get on with it boy! So I chose and ordered a bike. 2 days after I got it, I decided I needed to do this project RIGHT NOW!

The build was spread out over about 8 or 9 days, part-time, but the total amount of work involved was about 5 working days worth of time. I shot a bit of video as I went, and decided to try and document the development process. It didn’t go entirely as I planned at the outset – development rarely does – but I was able to get “something” up and running as a proof of concept on day 1.

This series will show the development process in “day-sized” chunks.

Read more about the project and see more videos from Alex Eames on YouTube.


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment