Friday, October 27, 2017

Pumpkin Pi project for Halloween @Raspberry_Pi #PiDay #RaspberryPi #ElectronicHalloween

Pinkcat

Here’s an Electronic Halloween themed throwback to this great project write-up from Drew Fustini on the element14 forums.

For Halloween, I thought I would combine the networking and GPIO capabilities of the Raspberry Pi to create a pumpkin with lights and sound which can be controlled via a web page.  The Raspberry Pi goes inside the pumpkin along with LEDs and a small speaker:

Thanks very much to my colleague Liz Houtz for letting me use her nicely carved cat-o’-latern. I lined the inside of the pumpkin with a gallon ziplock bag to keep the gear from getting too messy. The power and Ethernet cable went through the carving of the cat’s tail on the backside.

Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment