Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Infrared Replicator

NewImage

From Gustavo Gonnet on Hackster.io:

Some time ago I got into decoding an infrared AC remote with the purpose of controlling the AC via WIFI.

I learned a ton of things along the way and I wanted to share that knowledge with all of you in case it can help you in future projects (future-me: I’m looking at you too).

I used a Particle Photon but you may choose to use a different MCU since the IRremote Arduino Library (from Ken Shirriff) used in this project supports plenty of others. Here’s also its official page.

There is a lot of information on that page, make sure to read some of it for a deep understanding of how IR signals work, but I’ll reproduce some important points in the next section.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment