Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Designing a LoRaWAN monitored garden #AdafruitForums

From the Adafruit Forums, user czuvich demonstrates their Greenclay LoRaWAN Smart Garden project. It is able to monitor and manage an outdoor garden using LoRaWAN with an Arduino programmed microcontroller. It is a complete package which includes a dev kit, garden controller, and mobile app.

I am a software engineer by trade; however, I wanted to build a better garden that could scale in my backyard. I embarked on my hardware journey and 2 years later I finally finished the project.

I wanted to personally say Thank You to Adafruit for providing open source hardware and software and excellent customer help. I built several prototypes using the nRF52840 Adafruit Express and various other hardware components. I now have my own custom Arduino which I can use as a core LoRaWAN board to add more functionality to my homestead besides garden control.

See the Adafruit Forums post for all the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment