Friday, September 17, 2021

Vice Takes a Look at Self-Hosting #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

Raise your hand if you’re a self-hoster! Vice talks self-hosting, privacy, flexibility, general enjoyment, curiosity, outage avoidance and more in this article:

Once you’re wrapped up in it, it’s hard to deny the allure of the DIY self-hosted internet. My own self-hosting experiences include having a home server for recording TV and storing media for myself and my roommates, and more recently, leaving Dropbox for a self-hosted, free and open source alternative called Syncthing. While I’ve been happy with Dropbox for many years, I was paying for more than I needed and ran into issues with syncing speed. With a new Raspberry Pi as a central server, I had more control over what synced to different devices, no worries about any storage caps, and of course, faster transfer speeds. All of this is running on my home network: nothing has to be stored on cloud servers run by someone else in who-knows-where.

Read more


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment