Friday, July 8, 2022

WiFi Garage Door Controller with Raspberry Pi Pico W #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

Project overview

Raspberry Pi’s newest offering is already getting some great projects. Core Electronics shared this guide for operating a garage door. Complete with full details, steps and code!

I strapped a Raspberry Pi Pico W to my garage door motor and now I can control my garage door from my phone! The Pico W hosts a simple webpage on my local network with three control buttons – one for Up, Stop and Down. Pressing one of the buttons does exactly what you’d expect.

This project writeup will walkthrough the control strategy, electronics, and code required to follow along. If you’ve never played around with smart-home, MicroPython or WiFi projects before, this project will get you started with all three!

Learn more!


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment